It was another hot day in Dubai when me and my friend decided to hang out. Before plunging in to Jumeirah Open Beach, we headed towards the Dubai Marina. It is one of the world’s largest, most meticulously planned waterfront developments and offers the exhilaration and vibrancy of a chic, urban lifestyle together with all the advantages of living on the water. It’s a city-within-a-city with a cosmopolitan, free-spirited atmosphere and a unique character all of its own.
|Dubai Marina on a bright, sunny day|
Dubai Marina is the tallest block in the world. It is home to some of the worlds tallest residential towers. The Cayan Tower is the became world's tallest high-rise building with a twist of 90 degrees upon its opening on 10 June 2013. Other notable building is the Princess Tower, it's the tallest residential tower in the world upon its opening in 2012-2015 until surpassed by the 432 Park Avenue in New York City.
In addition there is a wealth of restaurants offering cuisines from around the world – covering everything from casual al fresco cafés and eateries to fine dining establishments and trendy bars. Enjoy your foods and drinks while enjoying the superb skyline, the yachtes passing by, the the upbeat atmosphere of the place.
|Shahista Restaurant and Cafe|
|Fresh Fish Restaurant|
Places of Interest
- Jumeirah Beach Residences-is a 1.7 kilometres (1.1 mi) long, 2 square kilometres (0.77 sq mi) gross floor area waterfront community located against the Persian Gulf in Dubai Marina.
- The Walk-is a 1.7-kilometre strip at the ground and plaza level of the complex, it was developed by Dubai Properties, and was completed by 2007 and opened officially in August 2008. It has restaurants, clothing stores, boutiques, department stores, cafes and gyms.
- The Beach-The Beach at Jumeirah Beach Residence is a retail complex being constructed on the beach in front of JBR by Meraas Holding, a company owned by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. The development, comprising four plazas, will occupy the bulk of the beach between the Hilton and Sheraton hotels. The complex houses a number of levels of parking as well as seventy retail and food and beverage outlets, together with entertainment facilities.
- Marina Promenade-Marina Promenade is a residential enclave in Dubai Marina. Nestled within the panoramic confines of Dubai Marina, it overlooks the widest and most scenic part of the bay and is ideally located opposite the Dubai Marina Yacht Club. The Marina Promenade comprises six residential towers and villas with views of the bay.
- Dubai Marina Mall-is a shopping mall located in the center of Dubai Marina, for residents and visitors of the Dubai Marina. It features 140 retail outlets, spread over 390,000 sq ft of gross leasable space, making it one of the largest shopping malls in Dubai. The mall has been completed and opened in December, 2008.
- And many more...
You can rent a boat or a yacht to tour the whole Marina and the Persian Gulf or you can go to the nearby beach for swimming, its only few minutes walk.
Take the Metro Red Line and get off at DAMAC Station (formerly Dubai Marina Station).