I often heard the saying "live outside the box" during my younger years. Back then I had no idea what it means. Growing up I realized that we should live life outside of the conventional norms, we should live outside the boundaries. It's simply living your life to the fullest and like what this blog is all about, life is ephemeral. And talking about boundaries, Dubai never run out of out of the box and even out of this world concept and ideas. One of the newest attraction in the city is the BoxPark: an outdoor concept by Meraas primarily made of shipping containers that are artistically integrated into a unique retail and dining hub.
Breathing new life to the city, BoxPark's unique architecture has captured the attention of passers-by through the art of its vibrant containers especially at night time. Just the idea of turning shipping containers into a work of art had me fell in love with this place easily.
BoxPark was intended to be a posh retail destination which offers various shops. While there are several shops available and more will be added soon, below are some which you might be interested of.
- Poupette à la Plage - This store offers swimwear and accessories made from vintage-inspired fabrics and the prints are superb. Dress and headscarf combos, mix-and-match shorts, hats and ponchos and many more.
- Marimekko - Finnish designs with vibrant colours and playful prints for the clothing. Accessories and homeware can also be found here.
- Polliwalks - Boasts foam slip-ons that come in a range of colours and styles of well-known TV characters such as Elmo and Cookie Monster.
- Urbanist - A store for the latest edgy apparel and accessories. Urbanist is also a place where customers can source unique objects for their home, such as canvas-stretched paintings and soft furnishings.
- Angels and Imaginarium - Angels is the place to head to if you’re looking to treat your tots to designer togs. On the racks of the high-end boutique will be brands from Baby Dior and Burberry to Hugo Boss and Ferrari. Then there’s Imaginarium, a haven of soft toys for toddlers, mechanised cars for the garden and classic games and puzzles for all ages.
- Typo - Specialist art and stationery shop. If you’re looking to have gifts intricately wrapped in-store or buy paints and stencils for home crafts, then this is your one-stop shop.
- The Melting Pot - Bestseller is the classic cheese fondue with artisan bread. Entrees will range from ravioli to filet mignon and seafood salads. For those with a sweet tooth, The Melting Pot won’t disappoint, with chocolate fondues served with a choice of fresh fruit, marshmallows and brownies.
- Studio Masr - The smell of freshly baked Halaby bread from the ovens of this restaurant in Boxpark will no doubt be enough to tempt you inside. Fans of Middle Eastern fare will find plenty of house specialities to choose from, including veal cutlets and grilled fish of the day, as well as crowd-pleasers such as shish tawook and lamb kofta.
- Cioccolatitaliani - The name pretty much says it all and a visit to this Italian eatery will be a must for chocolate lovers when it opens later this year. In addition to chocolate-based drinks, snacks and desserts, the restaurant will also have a wide range of pastas, salads and fruity gelatos.
- Just Salad - Serving up fresh salads, wraps, soups, frozen yogurt, and smoothies.
Mean while in the Morning...
|The Melting Pot|
|I have my name written on this BoxPark marker!|
BoxPark adds vivid to the already vibrant night life of Dubai. Whether you're looking for some edgy clothing or simply getting together with family or friends, you really don't have to go far. This park is the right place waiting for you. BoxPark is such a magnificent idea!-Jon-
BoxPark is situated along Al Wasl Road. It is just few blocks away from the Citywalk and the Downtown Dubai. The nearest Metro is the Burj Khalifa/Dubai Mall Station. From there, hail a taxi and tell the driver to drop you off at Boxpark. The fare is around 12AED.